Tangy Barbecued Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 lemon slice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat: simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke if desired; heat through. Discard lemon.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; pour sauce over chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 279 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 500mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Nov 22, 2019
Really good and easy. Cut sauce ing. In half for just one chop.
May 26, 2013
Very tasty and tender. Didn't change a thing about the recipe, but I baked at 325 instead of 350 only because I had other things in the oven. Will definitely make again.
Feb 12, 2012
I love how fast and easy this was to make with things that I have in the kitchen already. I will make this again!
Feb 11, 2011
I also make this recipe with chicken, it's so great.
Sep 16, 2010
My husband, who doesn't like pork chops, asked for these again! Thanks for the keeper!
Jun 16, 2010
Great, simple recipe using all ingredients that I had on hand! I made the sauce early in the day (only used 1/4 tsp of Liquid Smoke) and kept it in the fridge to speed up dinner time. Worked out perfect! Also used boneless loin chops (about 1/2" thick) since that's what I had on hand. Moist, flavorful, and delicious!