Tangy Barbecue Burgers
For a deliciously different burger, try these unique burgers. The sauerkraut and berry sauce adds so much flavor to a wonderful burger.—The Fremont Company
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauerkraut, cranberry sauce, barbecue sauce and brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, beat egg; add water and soup mix. Let stand for 5 minutes. Crumble beef over mixture and mix just until combined. Form into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-6 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Serve on buns with the warm sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 460 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1298mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Tangy Barbecue Burgers in Country Woman September/October 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.