I look forward to making this recipe whenever asparagus season rolls around. It's been a family favorite for years. —Debbie Konietzki, Neenah, Wisconsin
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 small red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 6-7 minutes or just until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Cut into 1-in. pieces.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; add asparagus. In a small bowl, combine the mustard and lemon juice; whisk in oil until combined. Add chives, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Asparagus Potato Salad in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p59