Tangy Apricot Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 3 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the mixture over pork. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn chops; top with remaining preserves mixture. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 344 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Apricot Pork Chops
"easy to make with ingredients likely to be on hand. The recipe doubled well and my husband actually gave it 4 1/2 stars."