Tangy Apricot Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 3 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the mixture over pork. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn chops; top with remaining preserves mixture. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 8, 2014
This was a very quick and easy main dish with good flavor. I used a whole grain Dijon mustard, which gave more flavor. I will also use a apricot preserve with more coarsely chopped fruit the next time I prepare this dish.
Nov 5, 2009
Easy to make with ingredients likely to be on hand. The recipe doubled well and my husband actually gave it 4 1/2 stars.