Tangerine Tuiles with Candied Cranberries
Delicate cookie cups create delightful serving bowls for the creamy tangerine mousse. The cranberry syrup makes a delectable garnish. —Jessie Sarrazin, Livingston, Montana
Total TimePrep: 2 hours + standing Bake: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- TANGERINE CREAM:
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine zest
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tangerines, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Place cranberries in pan; sprinkle with 2 cups sugar. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Drain, reserving syrup for garnish.
- Transfer berries to another parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 200° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until almost dry to the touch. Toss with remaining sugar.
- Using a pencil, draw four 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, confectioners' sugar and flour until blended. Beat in the butter, almond extract and salt.
- Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- With a spatula, carefully remove cookies and immediately drape over inverted shot glasses or small juice glasses. When cookies are cool, transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, forming 16 tuiles.
- In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone, honey and tangerine zest. Fold in whipped cream and tangerines.
- To serve, spoon about 3 tablespoons tangerine cream into each cookie. Garnish with candied cranberries and reserved syrup.
To Make Ahead: Prepare the tuiles a few days before. Store in an airtight container. Candied cranberries can be made two weeks before serving. Store cranberries in a single layer covered lightly with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 337 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.