- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tangerines, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bulgur in a large bowl. Stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain well.
- Stir in the garbanzo beans, tangerines, dates, pistachios and cranberries. In a small bowl, combine the tangerine juice, oil, tangerine peel, ginger and salt. Pour over bulgur mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Stir before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forTangerine Tabbouleh