Tangerine Cashew Snapper Recipe
- 4 tangerines
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 red snapper fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Peel, slice and remove seeds from two tangerines; chop the fruit and place in a small bowl. Squeeze juice from remaining tangerines; add to bowl. Stir in the lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil and pepper flakes.
- 2. Place fillets in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour tangerine mixture over fillets; sprinkle with cashews and green onions. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 260 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tangerine Cashew Snapper
"My husband and I both loved this. I used rockfish instead of snapper since it was fresher. We can't wait to try in in Hawaii on Mahi Mahi! It tastes light and tropical. There were no leftovers!"