Tangerine Cashew Snapper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tangerines
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 red snapper fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup chopped unsalted cashews
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Peel, slice and remove seeds from two tangerines; chop the fruit and place in a small bowl. Squeeze juice from remaining tangerines; add to bowl. Stir in the lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil and pepper flakes.
- Place fillets in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour tangerine mixture over fillets; sprinkle with cashews and green onions. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 358mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Feb 28, 2011
My husband and I both loved this. I used rockfish instead of snapper since it was fresher. We can't wait to try in in Hawaii on Mahi Mahi! It tastes light and tropical. There were no leftovers!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.