This side dish is so delicious. The carrots are complimented by the tangerine juice to such a sweet flavor.—Kristine Bodurtha, Endicott, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tangerine or orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine or grated orange zest
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; blend well. Gradually stir in juice and zest. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return carrots to pan; heat through.