- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, milk, cornmeal, chilies, olives, egg whites and taco seasoning until blended.
- 2. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa.
1 piece: 298 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Apr 17, 2015
Really like the flavor and was super easy to make in a short amount of time.
Aug 29, 2011
We love this recipe. We add a bit more jalapeno than called for and with salsa and sour cream it is wonderful. We make this frequently and it's easy enough for my husband to make when I work late
Mar 16, 2010
My husband thought this recipe was okay and my kids hated it (they are 3, 4 & 6). My husband thought it was bland. I didn't eat is since I am a vegetarian so I can't really give an opinion.