Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomatoes, milk, cornmeal, chilies, olives, egg whites and taco seasoning until blended.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 298 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 17, 2015
Really like the flavor and was super easy to make in a short amount of time.
Aug 29, 2011
We love this recipe. We add a bit more jalapeno than called for and with salsa and sour cream it is wonderful. We make this frequently and it's easy enough for my husband to make when I work late
Mar 16, 2010
My husband thought this recipe was okay and my kids hated it (they are 3, 4 & 6). My husband thought it was bland. I didn't eat is since I am a vegetarian so I can't really give an opinion.