- 1/2 cup giardiniera
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cooked Italian sausage links
- 4 slices provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 4 brat buns or hot dog buns, split
- In a small food processor, combine giardiniera and sugar; cover and process until blended. Make a lengthwise slit three-fourths of the way through each sausage to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill with giardiniera mixture and cheese.
- Place sausages in buns; wrap individually in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. x 10 in.). Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTailgate Sausages
"This was a good recipe but I'm definitely going to have to make some changes next time. The problem was that the bottom of the buns were so burnt that they were black and inedible. Next time I will cook the sausages, stuff with giardiniera and cheese, put in the buns and toast under the broiler for just a few minutes."
"I was wondering what the stuff it, myself!"
"I guess it's an Italian relish."
"i was wondering that myself"
"What is giardiniera?"