Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (7 ounces) corn tortillas
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, corn, tomatoes, half of the olives and the chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, cheese and tortillas. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining olives. cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 510 calories, 30g fat (17g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 1067mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Mar 30, 2012
As I stated before you put corn tortillas down in greased pan ,then meat, then cheese and repeat with the extra olives on top. I baked it uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes and it came out hot and moist. We topped it with dollops of sour cream which we felt it really needed.
Jan 12, 2012
You need to clarify tomatoes, but also layering in the order you give would put tortillas on top which would dry them out during baking. I imagine you should layer tortillas, meat and then cheese and repeat with cheese ending up on top.
Sep 3, 2010
I was looking for a recipe that I could make ahead of time, and reheat later. This was very easy, and every time I have made it whether for a church potluck or family function, I always get positive comments on it.
Jan 13, 2009
This says to "add....tomatoes" It doesn't show additional tomatoes in the list ingredients other than the tomato sauce. Any clarification?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.