Tahini Roasted Vegetables
Hearty vegetables are flavored with honey and tahini, then roasted for this side dish from our Test Kitchen. It's perfect for light and bold entrees alike.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut the eggplant, red peppers, zucchini and onion into 1-in. pieces. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the oil, tahini, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in parsley before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 91 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Roasted Eggplant Medley in Light & Tasty June/July 2007