- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 to 8 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- SWEET-AND-SOUR DRESSING:
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onion; drain. Add the next 12 ingredients to meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until most of the moisture evaporates, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly; stir in cheese. Put taco shells open end up in a baking pan; place scoopful of meat mixture into each shell. Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes until meat is hot and cheese is melted. Sprinkle lettuce and tomatoes over tacos. Combine all dressing ingredients and drizzle over tacos. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forTacos Deluxe
"I only made the meat mixture from this recipe, not the actual tacos and accompanying sauce. My plan was to make burrito bowls with some cilantro lime rice. I was a little concerned when I tasted the meat mixture and realize it tasted very similar to sloppy Joe's, but it actually ended up tasting delicious with the rice and other toppings (onion, tomato, black olives, avocados, and sour cream). Will definitely make again."
"This was really good. I think I need to change it a bit to suit us though. I didn't put any hot sauce in because I can't have anything spicy... unfortunately I think it actually needed a bit more zing! So next time I'll probably add just a bit of cayenne (since we never keep hot sauce in the house). I cut the recipe in half and it did great! Also, I may add a dab of lime juice next time. I didn't make the dressing because we hate Miracle Whip and I didn't want to buy a big thing of it just for this recipe. I'm sure the dressing is great, but the taco meat is really good by itself! We will be making this again."
"Best Tacos I have had in a long time. The flavor of the meat mixture is similar to the Cincinnati chili I make. I love this on tacos. The dressing is a wonderful compliment to the meat."
"Oh my goodness this is so good. I didn't think i would like the dressing but my husband and I agree, it's fantastic!!"
"Oh my! This taco filling is so tasty that I usually double the recipe. The sweet-and-sour dressing is deliciously different from most taco toppings. I've had friends and family members "go wild" over Tacos Deluxe and demand the recipe."