- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
"This is easy to fix and has a pleasing Mexican flavor!! We will fix this again and again!!"
"I love this recipe. I especially love the sauce, I could just drink it with a straw! It's a hit with my kids and husband, too."
"I made the sauce didn't care for it, so I used enchilada sauce, i also used corn tortillas but torn them & layed it, added green chilies to the mest mixture, & added some cheddar cheese. It was a hit, thank you for sharing this one"
"I love this meal I just hate that the sauce never thickens for me I dont know why but ugh that bothers me"
"Made this with flour tortillas.Delicious."
"Made this for dinner tonight with the following changes. Used 2lbs of ground beef and added Enchilada seasoning mix to the sauce and the meat. I also made my "refried beans" in the crock pot. I thought this was very good and will definitely make again. I also liked that the beans were "hidden" as my kids generally won't eat them."
"I made this 7/19 and used low carb flour tortillas. As a Tex-Mex fan I must say it was really very good. You have to reduce the sauce as recommended. It will thicken and gain flavor in the oven. I did use a Mex cheese blend instead of just Jack. I thought at first it was not going to work but the end product was wonderful..Yum Yum. I have to really wonder about those who gave this dish a poor rating."
"Great, hearty meal--I just added chips and homemade salsa to our plates and had a very satisfied, hungry, hard-working hubby! easy and delicious!"
"Adjust recipe by only using 2 Tablespoons of chilli powder and the whole 16oz can of refried beans. Was Delicious!!!:)"