- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, chilies, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and cumin.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 12 rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets; press perforations to seal. Place 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring four corners to the center and twist; pinch to seal.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, freeze baked Taco Twists for up to 3 months in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag.
- To use frozen Taco Twists: Bake frozen twists on an ungreased baking sheet at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forTaco Twists
"I made this for my family and I can never make enough of them. They always want more."
"My husband LOVES these... when we moved I had some in the freezer to cook up real quick for a quick lunch and everyone was asking for the recipe. I used 1.75 ground beef and a whole cup of salsa and added about 1/4 cup more cheese these are great with some sour cream lettuce and tomatoes on the side!"
"I have made these several times now instead of just ordinary tacos and my son loves them. I add double the amount of salsa that the recipe states, 1/2 can of the green chilies, & take out the hot sauce. Also, I actually have enough meat mixture every time to fill 4 packages of crescent rolls instead of the 3 in the recipe. They are very tasty and served with a nice salad on the side, it's a great dinner!!"