Taco Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve on buns with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 497 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Oct 24, 2010
another hit at home! Low fat and healthy, I used fat free sour cream.
Jan 11, 2010
Added chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, adobo seasoning. Meat needs quite a bit of seasoning to taste good. Can also use crushed corn chips instead of bread crumbs.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.