Taco Turkey Burgers
“We love the flavors of Tex-Mex foods, so I combined them with the traditional hamburger. These uniquely different burgers are a healthy change of pace on the grill.” Jennifer Feindt - Milford, DE
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve on buns with salsa and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 497 calories, 28g fat (9g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 789mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Taco Turkey Burgers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009
Oct 24, 2010
another hit at home! Low fat and healthy, I used fat free sour cream.
Jan 11, 2010
Added chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, adobo seasoning. Meat needs quite a bit of seasoning to taste good. Can also use crushed corn chips instead of bread crumbs.