THIS quick-and-easy recipe fits in well with a busy schedule. Along with a garden salad, it makes a nice light meal for two, but when we want something more filling, I'll serve this potato with a small broiled steak. -Linda Brausen, Janesville, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; set aside.
- Crumble meat into a shallow microwave-safe bowl; add onion. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in salsa and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut potato in half lengthwise; fluff pulp with fork. Top each half with meat mixture, cheese and sour cream.
Editor's Note: To prepare in a conventional oven, bake potato at 400° for 40 minutes or until tender. Cook beef and onion in a skillet until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and Worcestershire sauce. Assemble as directed.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 each: 294 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Taco-Topped Potato in Reminisce July/August 1999
Jun 21, 2011
Delicious! Anything to do with potatoes, you can't go wrong. That's the Irish speaking!!!
Jun 10, 2010
This is a quick dinner and filling. I increased the ingredients to cover the potato, and my husband enjoyed it.