Taco-Stuffed Pepper Cups Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef or lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Cook in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain and set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Place pepper halves in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Fill with meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until peppers are tender. Top with sour cream, cheese and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 261 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Taco-Stuffed Pepper Cups
"Excellent!! Definitly will make again."
"I made extra to have the next day. I would advise not stuffing all of the peppers until you are ready to eat. We substituted ground turkey for Boca crumbles and pinto beans (made from dry bean) for the kidney beans. I made my own taco season."
"I was not a fan of stuffed peppers until I tried this recipe. These are only lightly parboiled which allows the peppers to keep their crispiness and eliminates the bitterness some peppers get when cooked too long. I find Traditional stuffed peppers have a bitter sogginess to the pepper from overcooking. This is a very easy tasty recipe which everyone in my house loves. Even the vegetable haters eat them!"
"To make it lower in calories will not use beans. Very good meal!"
"My family LOVES this recipe, even the kids. I love that I can stay on my diet, and make something that the whole family is clamoring for"
"I used a full package of taco seasoning... gives it an amazing kick :)"
"This recipe was great and simple to make. I just served it with a side of long-grain and wild rice. I will keep this one for sure."
"This was good. I thought it could use a bit more heat. Next time I would either replace the tomatoes with salsa, or add salsa in addition to the other toppings, or add a bit of jalapeno or something. It was very good though"
"Was never a fan of stuffed peppers, but thought I'd take a chance on this. Love it! Have made it a number of times to use up peppers from the garden!"