In Addy, Washington, Barbara Ingils serves a crowd with her quick-to-fix skillet supper that gets zip from taco seasoning mix. "This recipe makes a lot, but the left-overs taste even better the next day," she remarks.
Recommended: 30-Minute Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) spicy hot V8 juice
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- Optional garnishes: tortillas, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped onion, shredded lettuce and/or taco sauce
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans, tomatoes, V8 juice, corn and taco seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish as desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Taco Stovetop Supper in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p14
Reviews forTaco Stovetop Supper
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2014
"very good recipe,i just go milder with the beans and juice,my hubby is not big on heat!!!"