Taco Salad with a Twist
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (9 ounces) iceberg lettuce blend
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 8 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup green goddess salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, tomatoes and onions. Add the beef, beans, cheese and corn chips. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Dollop with sour cream. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 464 calories, 31g fat (9g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 12, 2010
Really easy to make & really tasty!! The Green Goddess salad dressing is amazing! Next time i will leave out the kidney beans though as we didn't care for them in this recipe. Also, i will add some spices to the meat.
Jan 12, 2010
This recipe was very easy to make and was extremely delicious. I made it for a girl's night and we were so stuffed because we couldn't stop eating it! The dressing was a little hard to find-not all grocery stores carry it but I found it at Ralph's. I love this recipe, I am making it again this week.