- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: chopped lettuce and tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, sour cream and picante sauce
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place chips in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, stir refried beans; spread over chips. Top with beef mixture and cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and olives. Serve with sour cream and picante sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forTaco Salad Casserole
"This recipe was so easy and delicious. My granddaughter loves tacos. I think that she would eat hem every day! She stayed for super the other night and I made this for her. It was such a hit, she made me promise that I would give her Mommy the recipe. You can be sure that I will be making this one again !"
"This is delicious and quick to throw together on busy weeknights. I usually have all the ingredients on hand. My kids like it best with double the amount of chips on the bottom, and often request it with any flavor Doritos! I top it with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and sliced olives."
"A great way to use leftover taco meat. The chips stayed very crisp and we just added lettuce, tomato, salsa and sour cream individually. Hubby ate 3 servings!"
"Very easy and delicious. I added some hot sauce because I thought it needed a little more kick. I also served it with extra tortilla chips."
"Does she mean green chili, not green peppers?"
"This recipe is easy. I did substitute ground chicken, used a small can of tomato sauce instead of the water, and added 1 can of corn drained. Because I was going to have leftovers (there is only my husband and I) I did not put the tortilla chips on the bottom when I baked it. To serve we crushed the chips on a plate and put the casserole on top and the lettuce and sour cream. My husband loved it so, we have had it 3 times this week. I don't like a lot of spice, but my husband does, so he put salsa on top."
"Was okay but it needed a little more kick too it."
"I think my grandkids would like this. I make my own taco seasoning without salt. It is easy to find on line."