VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 to 1 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 cups taco-flavored tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island salad dressing
- In a large bowl, layer the first five ingredients in order listed. Just before serving, add chips and salad dressing; toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p20
Reviews forTaco Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2010
"It is great. I have made it several times."