You won't be able to put these taco appetizers down! And the recipe makes 80 servings, so you'll definitely be ready for guests to come over and chow down.
Recommended: Our Most Over-the-Top Recipes Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning, pepper, tomato sauce and chilies. Cool completely.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold one puff pastry sheet. Roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle; cut into twenty 3-in. squares. Spoon 1 rounded tablespoon beef mixture in the center of each square. Brush edges of pastry with water; fold pastry over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites and water; brush over tops. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 80 appetizers.
Originally published as Taco Puff Pastries in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews forTaco Puff Pastries
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2015