- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell (refrigerate pulp for another use). Brush inside and outside of potato shells with butter. Place cut side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomatoes and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Spoon into potato shells; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTaco Potato Shells
"its a very good quick meal to make for game night yummy I would make again"
"We loved this recipe! Very tasty!"