Taco Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Combine the potatoes and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Press into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, water and remaining taco seasoning. Cook and stir until hot and bubbly. Spoon into potato crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 407 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1290mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2018
The taco pie with mashed potatoes is a waste of good mashed potatoes trying to pretend to be Taco Pie- what a crazy mix of tastes-NO BBQ sauce for sure. I prefer my old taco pie made with a pie crust and all those yummy ingredients shining on their own.
May 12, 2010
easy & yummy!