Taco Potato Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Combine the potatoes and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Press into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, water and remaining taco seasoning. Cook and stir until hot and bubbly. Spoon into potato crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 407 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 1290mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 17, 2018
The taco pie with mashed potatoes is a waste of good mashed potatoes trying to pretend to be Taco Pie- what a crazy mix of tastes-NO BBQ sauce for sure. I prefer my old taco pie made with a pie crust and all those yummy ingredients shining on their own.
May 12, 2010
easy & yummy!