I made several of these hearty pies for a branding bee on our cattle ranch. Everybody had to have the recipe. With mashed potatoes, ground beef, beans and fresh vegetables, it's truly a meal in itself.
Recommended: Our 25 Best Summer Comfort Foods
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sour cream
- Combine the potatoes and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Press into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce, water and remaining taco seasoning. Cook and stir until hot and bubbly. Spoon into potato crust.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Potato Pie in Country Woman March/April 2004, p33
Reviews forTaco Potato Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 12, 2010
"easy & yummy!"