"Whenever I'm busy, I make these southwestern sandwiches that start with convenient refried beans and deli chicken," explains Patricia Sanks from Camas, Washington. "Cheese, veggies and a creamy homemade spread top them off. I never have leftovers."
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 4 French sandwich rolls
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans, warmed
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and mashed
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- Cut rolls in half lengthwise; hollow out the bottoms, leaving 1-in. shells. Place rolls cut side up on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine the beans and taco seasoning; spread over bottom of rolls. Top with chicken, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, onion and chilies. Combine the sour cream, avocado and pepper sauce; spread over cut side of roll tops. Place over sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 739 calories, 34g fat (18g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1402mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 11g fiber), 40g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.