Taco Pita Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 whole wheat pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in chilies. Place pitas on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Spread 2 tablespoons salsa over each pita. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce, tomato and remaining salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza: 459 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 1006mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 6g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Taco Pita Pizzas
"This was great! The kids could customize their pizzas and everyone was happy!"