- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Seasoned Taco Meat (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- Additional salsa
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese. Stir in the taco meat, cheese, salsa, mayonnaise, olives and onion. Spread over tortillas. Sprinkle with lettuce; roll up tightly. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unwrap and cut into 1-in. pieces. Serve with additional salsa. Yield: about 3 dozen appetizers.
Reviews forTaco Pinwheels
"I love appetizer pinwheel recipes. What could be easier? This was another keeper. Took to work, they were devoured. I was told I couldn't leave work till I gave out the recipe. Thanks for another great recipe."
"These tasty treats are the best. I'm asked to make them at every event, and they go fast. You don't have to follow exactly the recipe you can put your own spin on them and they turn out just as good. I like to add green chilli also if u don't have enough cream cheese you can use sour cream."
"As others have said, it's not easy to get these cut uniformly. If the great taste matched the presentation, I'd have rated this a 5-star recipe."
"Made this for a potluck today, tripled the recipe, left out onions since there was some in the salsa and no olives because I was unsure about what everyone would like at the potluck. I had none left over to bring home and had to make more because my kids were disappointed they didn't get any for supper. Thanks for the recipe!"
"I have been on the hunt for a good "cold-food" appetizer, and these exceeded my expectations! They disappeared very quickly, so I will definitely need to double the recipe next time! Because we have some picky eaters in our family, I left out the onions and olives, but they turned out great that way."
"This is my go to recipe when I want to feed a crowd and please everyone!"
"My family loved this and asks that I make it for our family parties. I can never get them to cut nicely. My always end up rather oval shaped, but they taste delicious."
"HB cookDoesn't call for tomatoes"
"Great flavor. The problem is rolling them tight enough and slicing them uniformly. I mixed all the ingredients together except the tomatoes and spread it over the tortillas then I added the finely chopped tomatoes and rolled. I did not add the lettuce."