Taco Pickup Sticks
Looking for something a bit different to munch on? Try this zesty snack mix from Kathy Hunt, Dallas, Texas. "We enjoy the extra kick our taste buds get from the spice," she notes. "One batch is never enough to satisfy my crew."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) potato sticks
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) french-fried onions
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine the potato sticks, onions and peanuts. Combine butter and taco seasoning. Pour over potato stick mixture and toss to coat.
- Place in three ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250° for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers.
Originally published as Taco Pickup Sticks in Quick Cooking May/June 1998