I tease my family that we have to save leftovers of this dish for my lunch the next day. This wonderful recipe uses pasta shells instead of taco shells or tortillas.—Laura Pope, Bloomville, Ohio
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 2 cups taco sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded plain or Mexican process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cream cheese, taco seasoning and chives; cook until cream cheese is melted. Stuff into pasta shells.
- Place in a greased 4-qt. baking dish. Top with taco sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 10-15 servings.
Originally published as Taco Pasta Shells in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p245