Taco Pan Pizza
Our Test Kitchen know that pizza and tacos are favorite foods in lots of families. So they came up with this recipe that clearly combines the two. A variety of toppings can be used to suit your tastes.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- Unroll pizza dough and place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several times with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, chili powder, salt and cumin. Spread over cooled crust. Toss avocado with lime juice; arrange over sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with tomatoes, onions, olives and cheese. Refrigerate until serving. Cut into squares.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 338 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Taco Pan Pizza in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Dec 24, 2011
This recipe only had two stars when I was looking it up, and I'm not sure why. This pizza is sooo good! I have make it for numerous girl parties and eveyone always likes it. Definately a keeper.