- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook and crumble turkey over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in seasonings, tomato sauce, chilies and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Spread noodles in a 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with turkey mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes.
- Top casserole with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and taco sauce. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTaco Noodle Dish
"This was just okay. Not enough flavor for me."
"This dish was ok. The noodle layer is kind of dry and could use more flavor. If I make it again, I think I'll try some sort of sauce or something to add to the noodles."
"We love this recipe! I've been making it for quite a few years. I only use one pound of ground turkey, though, and use 3 cups of noodles. The whole thing gets eaten in one sitting."
"Very good! I used tomato basil pasta and my 4 yr old even ate it - and he is very picky! It's a keeper!"
"Made this tonight, it is a keeper of a recipe. Received a thumbs up from all who ate it.. It was enough for 3 adults and 2 kids. I would double it for more people.I used one bag of noodles and it was fine.I made as directed, only, I put each of the final toppings in separate bowls on the table, so each person could add the items they liked. (Some like ripe olives, tomatoes or sour cream and others don't)It was like a taco salad without the taco.I goofed and bought hot taco sauce, so only a couple put the hot sauce on it. I wil make this again...And double for company."
"I think I used too many noodles...dish was a bit dry, but still delicious. I scribbled this recipe down so quickly that I never noted when to add the taco sauce...so I ended up throwing it into the meat mixture! It actually tasted quite good, lol. Overall, this is a filling and delicious...the toppings at the end make it fabulous. Next time I will MEASURE the noodles instead of eyeballing them. Thanks for this great recipe!"
"My husband raved about how good this dish was. The next day after we had it, he told me to feel free to make it again...soon!I only used one pound of ground turkey; it seemed like that was plenty (even with the two cups of noodles)."