Taco Noodle Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 3 cups uncooked fine egg noodles
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, taco seasoning and salt. Reduce heat; simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle noodles over the top. Pour tomato juice over the noodles and stir gently. Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Combine sour cream and parsley; spread over the top. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Noodle Dinner
"This recipe is fabulous without changing a thing! I make it at least once a week and my husband and four children love it. I broke up angel hair into small pieces and measured it for the fine egg noodles because I wasn't really sure what to use. Will definitely keep making!"
"This was very easy and tasty even though I did make some changes to suit my taste.I added a can of mexicorn and a can of tomatoes and green chiles, I left out the mushrooms as I felt they really did not fit the "mexican" theme. I also added a few drops of hot sauce to give it a little kick. I also left out the sour cream as I felt the sour cream might overpower the flavor. I did add before serving some grated cheddar cheese on top and some crushed up taco flavored tortilla chips on top to make it more of a taco flavored dish. It was very tasty and would make again."
"This meal was super easy. I definitely need to double it for my family. We modified a bit by omitting the mushrooms, I also mixed the sour cream right in instead of spreading on top. In addition, we topped it with shredded cheddar cheese, olives, and an extra dollop of sour cream. Served it with tortilla chips on the side...and some used them for dipping into the dish also! Yummy!"