Taco Muffins Recipe
I'm always creating new recipes...this one went over very well with family and friends. These mouthwatering muffins are excellent with refried beans.—Donna Krivdo, Prescott Valley, Arizona
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoing
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in meat mixture.
- 3. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove muffins to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top each with salsa and cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: about 16 muffins.
To serve Taco Muffins as an appetizer, bake in miniature muffin cups, reducing the baking time, and have your guests top their own servings with salsa and cheese.
Reviews for Taco Muffins
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC