- 4 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Taco shells or flour tortillas
- Shredded cheese and salsa
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the next 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve in taco shells with shredded cheese and salsa. Yield: 8 cups.
Reviews forTaco Meat Seasoning
"Very good. A time saver, too. It's made with ingredients I usually have in the house. I've made this often."
"Don't let the long list of ingredients fool you--this recipe is a time saver. The recipe is such a large one that, unless you are feeding a large crowd, you will have plenty to freeze. Divide into 1/4ths or 1/3ds and any time you want tacos or need taco meat for a recipe, a batch of this can be thawed and used. I have made this recipe for years and my family much prefers this to the powdered, shake out of an envelope taco meat."
"I have to have this in my freezer at all times because it is requested at least once a week by my picky eaters! Makes alot too:)"