- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forTaco Lasagna
"Try it with chili beans and use their sauce."
"My kids picked around the beans and the tomatoes... essentially leaving tacos... I may make this one again. I enjoyed the flavor but it was too close to regular tacos to justify the extra time and pans required."
"So easy and so delicious! I used corn tortillas and put it under the broiler for 2 minute at the end to make the cheesy tortillas nice and crisp!"
"Fabulous! Make it just as it it's written. It needs no changes. Everyone in my family loves this and it's a nice change from tacos!"
"we liked this but i left out the black beans. it was a good meal and we had lots leftover. would cut recipe in half next time"
"I use Newmans Own salsa ( far superior in taste ...be careful it has lots of varities like peach or pineapple that do not go with this.) Try medium. Not too hot and definately more flavor than tomatoes. About the sodium content by I reviewer. Try making your own . There are Lots of recipes online but basically 1 T. Each :cumin, chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and a scant TOregano. (1/4t. salt is optional. ) I round up the cumin just a bit and go a bit scant one the chili powder .But a mix of regular and chipolte chilli powder is good too. That will taste just like the envelope or BETTER according to reviews Plus no sodium. Also look for fat free refried beans... 85 % lean or ground turkey (needs a tad more seasoning) lowers the fat. These swaps do not chang the flavor at all. ADD in stuff include corn., jalapenos . Olives. . Once I topped it with crushed hard taco shells.I also cut the tortillas into 3 strips to look like" lasagna "noodles. It cuts easier too."
"This recipe was good. I made a few changes for my family. We don't care for black beans, so I omitted them. Fast , easy & yummy"