Here's a quick way to spice up ordinary burgers—our family sure enjoys the change of pace.— Marjorie Nolan, Oakland, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, Worcestershire and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Spoon onto buns and top with cheese and lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 705mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Taco Joes in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.