- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- Tortilla chips
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
Reviews forTaco Joe Dip
"Good alternative to typical hot dips. As stated by previous reviewer, I also used a can of Rotel in place of the stewed tomatoes for a little extra zip."
"Made this as written except used one can of diced tomatoes with green chilies instead of the stewed tomatoes and can of green chilies. It had just the right amount of heat for us and was a great dip for New Year's Eve."
"This was very good. It did not take long for this to disappear."
"easy prep. Taste great!"
"I have made this as a dip and a soup, both are very good."
"I've made this recipe 3 times since Thanksgiving 2010 and every time people raved. Plan to make it several more times this holiday season. DELISH!"
"My husband and I love this dip! It is so good. I always double the recipe and then freeze some so we are never w/ out any!"