"Since I live on a lake and have a husband who's an avid angler, fish tops my list of mealtime ingredients," shares Evelyn Eyermann of Cuba, Missouri. Here, she uses delicate fillets as the base for a tempting bake with a mild taco flavor. Kids and adults alike will go for the crunchy tortilla chip topping sprinkled with reduced-fat cheddar cheese.
Recommended: 21 Recipes to Make for Taco Tuesday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 orange roughy or bass fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/3 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Place fish in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with salt and chili powder.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Pour taco sauce over fish. Bake, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes longer or until heated through. Immediately sprinkle with tortilla chips and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Fish in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p53