Taco Dip Recipe
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained, optional
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and chili powder until smooth; stir in salsa. Spread cream cheese mixture over a large serving platter. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Layer cream cheese mixture with lettuce, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, tomato and olives if desired. Serve with chips. Yield: about 6-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 90 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Taco Dip
"what I would consider missing ingrediences, would be scallions (green onions), refried beans and inplace of the chedder and monerey jack cheeses, would be pre-packaged pre-seasoned "taco" cheese"
"This recipe is easy and delicious. It is a nice change from the layered dips that call for refried beans. I have made this several times."
"I love this recipe! I added refried beans as a bottom layer and my fiance can't get enough of it!"
"Delicious even without the lettuce and olives!"
"This dip is so simple and my family eats it up in no time! I take it everywhere I go! Thanks"