These are easy to make—and freeze well, to. Kids love 'em!—Eleanor Lapen, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (1-1/4-ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (4-1/4-ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tubes (8-ounces) tubes refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and olives; set aside to cool. Add eggs and cheese.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Place triangles on an ungreased baking sheet. Place 2 tablespoons meat mixture onto each triangle. Roll and shape into crescents. Bake at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Taco Crescents in Country Ground Beef
Jan 28, 2009
I make a recipe very similar to this, only I leave the crescent rolls in rectangles and put a little more filling plus sour cream in the middle, making them taco bundles. My kids LOVE them!