Our family loves tacos and taco salad, so I thought it would be fun to make soup that tastes like a taco. Whenever someone new tries it, they ask for the recipe.—Janalee Watkins, Vernal, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce or salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Dash garlic salt
- Dash onion salt
- Crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, taco sauce, chilies, chili powder, garlic salt and onion salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over crushed tortilla chips. Garnish with cheese and sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 299 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 9g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Taco Chili in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.