It’s easy to satisfy a large group when you serve this main dish, because it makes three colorful casseroles. It’s hearty with ground beef and beans and mildly spiced to please most any palate.—Alison Gilmore, Portland, Oregon
Recommended: Top 10 Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 6 cups coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- 3 cups (24 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 12 green onions, sliced
- Shredded lettuce and additional taco sauce, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomato sauce, taco sauce, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Divide chips among three ungreased 2-qt. baking dishes; top with beef mixture. Combine sour cream and flour; spread over top. Sprinkle with cheese, tomatoes and onions.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Serve with shredded lettuce and additional taco sauce if desired. Yield: 3 casseroles (8 servings each).
Originally published as Taco Casseroles in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2009
Reviews forTaco Casseroles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"This would be improved with more cheese!"