- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef and onion; drain fat. Stir in taco seasoning and tomato sauce; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together soup, sour cream and chilies. Place one tortilla in the bottom of a 10-in. pie plate. Combine beef mixture with half of soup mixture; spoon over tortilla. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese; top with second tortilla. Top with remaining soup mixture and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Casserole in Country Ground Beef 1993, p85
Reviews for Taco Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2014
"This recipe has great flavor, I let it set for over 5 minutes and it was runny, so i served chips with it, everyone loved it, maybe my pie plate wasn't wide enoughMary K"