Flour tortillas bake to a delightful crispness in this family-pleasing fare from Katie. Full of beef, peppers and south-of-the border flair, the burritos are a great way to spice up dinnertime.
Recommended: Top 10 Mexican Dinner Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef or pork
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Taco toppings of your choice
- In a large skillet, cook the meat, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, taco seasoning and water. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Place four tortillas on a microwave-safe plate; microwave on high for 20 seconds. Place 1/2 cup of meat mixture on each; fold over sides and ends. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Brush burritos with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned and slightly crisp. Serve with toppings. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Taco Burritos in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p10
Reviews forTaco Burritos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2016
"These turned out well. A great alternative to regular tacos. Have made them twice now and will make again!"