A gourmet Mexican cooking class led GaleLynn Peterson of Long Beach, California to a "bundle" for spicy flavors. "I had so much fun in class that I came up with many of my own recipes, including these easy sandwiches that kids especially love," she says.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, olives and taco sauce.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into eight rectangles. Seal seams and perforations. Place meat mixture in the center of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheeses. Fold dough over filling and pinch to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Layer with lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole and sour cream on four serving plates; top each with two bundles.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 601 calories, 38g fat (18g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1320mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Taco Bundles in Quick Cooking March/April 2005
Dec 4, 2014
These were just ok to us. I don't think we would make them again. Easy and fast to make though.
Sep 13, 2011
My family loved this. My husband said "this is definitely a 'do again'.